Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pancake Tuesday

It's Pancake Tuesday here in Belfast folks! It's the only time of year when stores are stocked with pancake mix and people hoard them like it's a nuclear fallout. Don't ask me why they only eat pancakes once a year because my fiance doesn't even know. I think it ties in with Ash Wednesday so people stuff their bakes with pancakes before they fast for lent. Craig's family is Protestant so I don't understand why they are on the bandwagon, probably because it's a British tradition.

This is the reason why my family sends me a jumbo box of Aunt Jemima pancake mix every couple of months (bless their hearts) because pancakes are outlawed for the rest of the year. Ironically, today is the day when we ran out of Aunt Jemima. :(

Everyone in the family was disappointed because they've had Aunt Jemima for the whole year with their tea thanks to my influence. Hehe. So Craig's mom went to Tesco to buy some mix. And boy, were they sad skinny little thingies.

Craig's sister was pouting and demanded the big fluffy American pancakes. I guess I'm going to have to put another order in with my parents because whatever the princess wants, she gets.

No comments: