Friday, August 8, 2008

Well We're Movin' On Up....

to the southside (again). To a deluxe apartment in the sky. We've finally got a piece of the pie!

Bye bye Stranmillis! Hello, Malone Road! Craig's mom scored us a flat last minute. As soon as they got back from Spain, we moved all our stuff out of the Stranmillis house, and moved into the flat. Let me tell ya, it was the fastest move I've ever done in my entire life! And boy we have so much crap! I can't believe I've only been here a few months and I've moved 6 times! From my mother-in-law's house on the Shankill, to Fanore, to Glenwood Avenue, back to my mother-in-law's, to Stranmillis, now Malone Road. I feel like a hobo, a carpetbagger, a travelling gypsy. At least we're moving up instead of down. The Malone Road is regarded as the wealthy part of Belfast.

Although, it seems like I'm revisiting my college hell days, we have this place to ourselves. Nobody walking in on us, no more people freeloading off of us, slamming doors at 3am, no drunken parties or leaving a trail of mess for us to clean. For 4 weeks, it will be just us, the way it should be.

I will miss Stranmillis though. Everything good and bad happened there. It was the place that Craig asked me to spend the rest of my life with him. Let's hope that Malone Road will be an even happier place.

Anyways, I'm knackered. Off to bed!

No comments: