Saturday, July 25, 2009

Korean Birthday Feast

I just came back from my birthday feast and holy smokes it was A LOT of food!

First course was seaweed soup. Then the waitress came out with the banchan, an array of side dishes that you have with your main dish (and you can have as many refills as you like and yes it's free!)...

Dried fish, fish cake strips, pickled radish, seaweed salad, pickeled eggplant, kim chee, kim chee cauliflower, baby bok choy salad, and bean sprout salad


Second course was Haemul Pajon, seafood pancake with shrimp, clam, and squid and onion served with a dipping sauce. Really good!...



Third course was my favorite dish Jap Chae, clear sweet potato noodles sauteed with vegetables and beef...



Fourth course, the waitress brought out two sizzling platters of Dak Gul (grilled chicken) and kalbi(grilled beef)...


By the end of the meal we were so stuffed, we waddled out of the restaurant with enough leftovers to last us a week! But it didn't stop here!

My parents got me a pack of cake batter deluxe ice cream cupcakes from cold stone creamery...

So pink, it's pank!


Of course I only ate just the one! ;)


Look at this work of art! There are 5 layers: An airy whipped cream frosting w/ rainbow sprinkles, cake batter ice cream (don't knock it til' you've tried it), chocolate fudge, and red velvet cake encased in a Belgian chocolate hard shell cup.


I screwed my diet but what the hell, I have a right to live a little. It's my day and I can do whatever I want. My parents really enjoyed their first introduction to Korean food, they liked it so much they are thinking of laying over in Korea in their next trip to the Philippines.

All in all I enjoyed my gluttonous day! It was a perfect birthday celebration with the exception of missing a certain someone. You know who are. ;(

3 comments:

Grasshopper said...

damn that looks good...now i want some korean bbq!

Joanne said...

This is seriously the best blog that I read. Always enjoy the food and restaurant reviews! Can't wait to try some of them out for myself.

Flippin' Yank said...

@Joanne

Awww...thanks! :)