Monday, August 10, 2009

Hop Along Family Photos

My ma showed me old family photos last weekend. I learned that my great grandparents emigrated to Belfast in the early 1900's from Scotland. My great grandfather was a firefighter and my great grandmother worked in a mill. They lived in a house just at the end of my street! My family has practically lived on the Shankill all our lives! Crazy, isn't it?


«Introducing the Hop Along tribe...»
My great grandfather in his army uniform. He is standing on the front stoop of the house just down the street which still stands today


My granda as a little boy


Granny in her preteen years


Granda(standing, middle) worked as a fitter in a mill factory


Granny in her 20's


Granny in her 30's


My uncle and ma


Ma in early teens with uncles

1 comment:

Flippin' Yank said...

I looking at old pictures and imagine what was going on at the time the picture was taken. You definitely have your grandfather's ears...hehe.

I'm going to have to dig up my family photos and post them. :)

xoxo