Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Farm To Table


I said I was going to the farm so I DID! I discovered that there was a local farm just 20 minutes from where I lived. I checked it out today and discovered something better than the farmers market. Wow, this farm had every produce available in season from grapes to pomegranates to acorn squash to cranberry beans! You name it! A wide variety more so than the farmer's market! It's also way cheaper too, I didn't think anything would be cheaper than the farmers market. Since buying straight from the farmer at his farm, you're not making up the difference for transport costs. Good deal!

They have their own farm store out front or you can pick your own fruits and veggies in the farm out back. And you get your own wheelbarrow to haul your goods! How cool is that?


«Want to see the farm and the beautiful colors of Fall?
»

Kids having fun on the haystacks


I love the vivid colors of Fall!









Pumpkin on steroids!




They had every squash known to man


These are called "Swan Squash"


This reminds me of Thanksgiving!






Our wheelbarrow!

No comments: