Sunday, July 13, 2008

What's for Dinner?



For dinner tonight, we had beer butt chicken (only with a sprite can) with sauteed greenbeens w/ almonds, cornbread stuffing and cranberry sauce. In Craig's house, his mom always makes a roast on Sundays and I wanted to keep that tradition. This was my second attempt at making beer butt chicken. The first attempt, I burnt it to a crisp. But this time around, it was perfect. The meat was so moist and juicy that it was falling off the bone. I asked Craig, who made the better roast. He said with a mouthful of chicken, "I don't want to get in between you and my mom with the chicken war." He seemed to like it, since he got several helpings. There's hardly any chicken left!

Who woulda thunk that sticking a beer can up a chicken's ass would make it taste sooooooooo good?

No comments: